This event will focus on digital trends that marketers, agencies, content producers, and startups need to know. Thought leaders will walk us through marketing challenges and how to solve them, via 7 deep-dive case studies from local and regional thought-leaders.
2:00 | Registration & Networking
2:30 | Welcome & Opening Remarks Emceed by Tony Abraham, Lead Reporter, Technical.ly Delaware
2:50 | Case Studies
- Case Study #1 - Don't Kick Your Customer in the Face: Hostility and Sincerity on the Open Web with Zach Phillips, Director, the Kitchen
- Case Study #2 - Harness the Power of Google Tag Manager with Anthony Biondo, Founder and CEO, Biondo Creative
- Case Study #3 - The Power of Color with Pauline Rubin, Cofounder, First Ascent Design
3:50 | Short Break
4:00 | Case Studies
- Case Study #4 - Brand Building and a Social Media Roadmap with Emma Cowdery, Marketing Director, Global Delaware & Carroll Ivy Laurence, Co-owner and Founder, Social Stylate
- Case Study #5 - The strength of non-digital in a digital world with Nick Matarese, President and Creative Director, The Barn Creative
4:40 | Short Break
4:50 | Case Studies
- Case Study #6 - Stop Wasting Over Half Of Your Digital Ad Spend with David Clunes and Richard Rood, The Encima Group
- Case Study #7 - Social Media Marketing Trends To Watch For In 2016 with Justin Silva, Social Marketing Director, The Archer Group
5:30 | Hot Seat Q&A Totally unscripted, we'll fire off questions asked via Twitter to a panel of industry pros. Tag your burning questions with #DIW15 and our moderator will ask the experts.
- Hendrik-Jan Francke, Lead Strategist, Bright Orange Thread
- Gaby Indellini, Marketing and Social Media Specialist, Greater Wilmington Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Lauren Ashley Golt, Co-owner and Founder, Social Stylate
- Lori Palmer, Partner, Trellist
6:00 | Wrap up! Thanks for coming
Don't Kick Your Customer in the Face: Hostility and Sincerity on the Open Web with Zach Phillips, Director, the Kitchen
This is why we can't have nice things.
Let's talk about ads and ad-blocking, spying and behavior-tracking, spam, and things that are "free." Let's discuss whether or not our users and customers are still people, or are simply livestock with eyeballs. Let's talk about explicit and implicit agreements. Let's talk about being honest with ourselves, why our standards should be higher, and why so many people pass over the word "Viable" in Minimum Viable Product.
Let's talk about the greatest new companies and services on the web, what they're doing right, and whether or not you can assign a metric to that.
May not be suitable for children or people who get sad when they hear bad words.
The strength of non-digital in a digital world with Nick Matarese, President and Creative Director, The Barn Creative
In a world full of digital marketing, Nick Matarese of The Barn talks about the when, how and why of non-digital pieces strengthening your message & brand more than ever.
The Power of Color with Pauline Rubin, Cofounder, First Ascent Design
Color can make or break your brand, but with so many colors to choose from, how do you choose the right ones? We'll discuss how to make better color choices by analyzing your target audience. We will also examine the principles of color theory to better understand how colors interact with each other and how that relates to design and branding.
Brand Building and a Social Media Roadmap with Emma Cowdery, Marketing Director, Global Delaware & Carroll Ivy Laurence, Co-owner and Founder, Social Stylate
Building a brand from scratch and sharing it with the world starts with a comprehensive vision and a commitment to evolve. To continue to connect and develop an audience, you have to learn to develop fresh and compelling content to share on a creative mix of social media platforms.
Social Media Marketing Trends To Watch For In 2016 with Justin Silva, Social Marketing Director, The Archer Group
Ever wonder how changing guidelines and trends will affect your Social Media marketing success in 2016? In this presentation, Archerâ€™s Social Marketing Director, Justin Silva, will discuss some of the newest ways brands are using Social Media to connect with their audiences, and why Social Media will continue to be as critical as ever to building brands online (and off).
Stop Wasting Over Half Of Your Digital Ad Spend with David Clunes and Richard Rood, The Encima Group
Recent research indicates that 54% of all digital display (banner) ads served on publisher sites were never visible to a site visitor. Yet, since impressions were served, publishers expect to be paid. Translation, over half of your digital ad spend is wasted.
By attending this session audience members will learn about the term â€œviewability,â€ understand why itâ€™s important and discover how Encima helped one client recover over $6 million in wasted ad spend while decreasing cost per website engagement by 42%.
Harness the Power of Google Tag Manager with Anthony Biondo, Founder and CEO, Biondo Creative
Eliminate the need to hard code tags throughout your site and improve the ROI of your digital marketing efforts. Harness the power of Google Tag Manager and up your marketing game. Google Tag Manager is a free tag management platform that allows you to centrally manage and inject tags across your site using triggers to improve web analytics, conversion tracking, remarketing and more.
- How to work through various marketing challenges via 10+ trends in digital marketing
- How to piece together current trends in digital marketing to build a digital strategy
- How 10+ thought & industry leaders worked through challenges their companies/clients faced
- Get an insider perspective on marketing problemsâ€”from the marketers who worked to solve them
Who Should Attend:
- Marketers who wish they had more tech experience, trying to figure out whatâ€™s new in the space
- Marketing/PR professional who develop strategy
- Those who handle content marketing initiatives
- Curators of valuable, relevant, compelling content
- People looking to tap into one or multiple channels to attract and retain customers
- People seeking content for sites, mobile platform, or corporate magazines
- Active online marketers/advertisers
- Those looking to better manage their online presence
- Those looking for fresh insights & free consulting
- Those looking to network with fellow marketers
Parking is available at:
- HyPark Garage (903 N Shipley Street) Hours 7:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- 222 Delaware Avenue Garage (222 Delaware Ave) Hours 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.